Thursday, December 22, 2011

Disillusioned

Ever get that feeling where you just feel that there's something inherently wrong with the world?

That humanity is in a state of decay and decline, slowly crumbling down, or gradually building up to an implosion?

That you don't know your place in the world?

That you're going nowhere?

That, somehow, you don't deserve what you have?

That you were meant for more, and you wish for more, but you're somehow stuck in a rut you can't get out of?

That you wish you could just run away, abandon modern civilisation as it is, to live a simple life free of the worries, complications and excesses of the modern world?

That you want to change the world for the better, but the traps of bureaucracy, greed and a lack of fame, influence and money stymie any efforts you might make, leaving you completely helpless?

I feel as though it's my job, as a human being like any other, to leave the world in a better place than when I was born into it.

If I died tomorrow, knowing I did something to make the world a better place, knowing that I changed someone's life for the better, however small those changes may be, I'll be happy.

I'll die knowing I did good.

That's all I ask for. Nothing more.