Thursday, June 24, 2010

Morale Lost: A Poem

Morale Lost

Neither a patriot, nor a traitor
In no man's land, alone I will stand.
For with no-one to trust, I have nothing to fear
In the silence and emptiness, no cries I shall hear.
As the cold wind howls, the quiet becomes no longer
The eagle's eyes, like that of a wanderer.
Against the grey skies, I tread this blood-sodden ground
But I feel no pity, for no peace I have found.

I am broken, but I am not shattered
I am bruised, but I am not beaten
I am lost, but I will find my way
This land is in despair, but I am not without hope
But my back is turned, for I believe no more
That this battle has a cause, worth fighting for.


Just something I wrote when I was bored in class one day. :P This is probably my favourite poem out of the many I've written. :)